Friday, March 14, 2008

Now that's a shaving brush!

Choices, choices...

This will be a quick one tonight. I turned this brush handle on my lathe this week and finished it today. It's a 28mm knot with a 58mm loft --this should be perfect for using a soap puck, but will also work well with cream. The wood is thuya burl. I have to admit that it turned out so nice that I almost told Alex, the customer, that I had slipped and gouged his brush. That way, it would be ALL MINE! Oh well, that's not me. If I really want one, I'll have to make it for myself.

I can take credit for turning the handle, but not for the quality of wood. Man (woman), that is very fine grain. One of the things I like to see is variety in the grain, and this blank has it.

Anyway, grab a paper towel and then drool at will. :-) !!!

No comments: