Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Sometimes it's just "same ol' same ol'"



The pic shows the view from up here on Mt. Tamalpais. My shop is atually on the dark ridge just on the left edge where the tree is. Life is good!

So how was your shave today? I had a new, red, IP in my Merkur and it was no cakewalk let me tell you. I had some pulling and scraping to contend with. I'll give it one more day, but if that blade doesn't shape up I'm going to ditch it. I guess if it is bad, I can allow for a few bad blades (at 10 cents/blade) at the moment.

Everything else about my shave was great by the way. I have been using this Truefitt and Hill 1805 shaving cream. The rest of the toolkit included my firm, 28mm brush, and coastal oak bowl. That brush is just sweet! And so is the T&H 1805. Very nice indeed!

Well, we have an update to the Rakowski case. 1Adam12 has experience with Rakowski brushes. Hmm, not good experience either. Check out his post at SRP.

Hey, this gets me off on a tangent. 1A12..., with a moniker like that, we know he's not a kid don't we? 1 Adam 12 was one of my favorite shows when I was a kid. I guess that means I ain't no spring chicken either. In fact, I'm so old, I'm too grumpy to watch television anymore; so I got rid of it! It's the blogging life for me.

So anyway, 1A12 appears to have purchased an early Rakowski brush. $20 is a bargain for sure. Though, it appears as if his brush had problems with the finish and construction. 1A12 ended up re-gluing the knot into the handle and re-finishing the cracked wood finish. That is not good. What surprised me was he had no criticism for the badgers from the, as thebigspender suggested, generic Chinese badger ranch. In fact, he likes his brush now that he has it fixed up. Imagine how good it would be if those badgers had been in a branded resort before they became a shaving brush!

Ah shoot! Enough of the badgering again!

Hey, I've been working on some Stubby/Chubby look-a-likes. These particular handles are smaller handles for smaller knots. The knots are set deep to make them firm. They're kind of cute actually. I'll post the pics when they are available of course. I have to admit they are fun to to turn!

That's it for tonight. Tomorrow I will be in Toronto on bidness. At some point, we have to pay the bills! :-)

No comments: