Monday, March 17, 2008

A new look.

Yesterday I shaved off my beard. I’ve had one of those goatee style beards going for the last 14 months or so. I have to admit that I liked it quite a bit, but this weekend it became a problem.

On Saturday I came down with what I thought was a cold. I was sneezing, blowing, tearing, and had a headache. No sore throat or coughing though. I thought it was a cold anyway.

On Sunday my fiancé and I went for a bike ride to the top of Mount Tam, and when we got to the top I was cured! I went on the ride because I needed to get out after two days holed up in the house. If I had known I was going to be cured, I would have gone much sooner.

Well, to make a too long story short, it seems I have a new allergy. I’ve never had one before, but now I seem to have one.

And what that does have to do with a beard? Well, let me tell you, blowing and sneezing into a beard is just not cool. It’s okay to save a bit of dinner in your beard for later, but saving… well you get the picture. So now I’m clean shaven.

That means that I had a “new” shaving experience the last few days. One thing that worked was a nice sharp blade in my Merkur Futur shown below.

Merkur Futur

In fact, it worked so well that I didn’t need to trim my beard before cutting. That’s the beauty of a sharp double edge razor. The sharp part speaks for itself, but the nice part about a DE is that it doesn’t clog nearly as much as a more “modern” multi-blade razor.

All that with a 10 cent blade too. Next post… a few comments on the actual blade I used

No comments: