Tuesday, April 1, 2008



The picture says it all. Yet it also raises a bunch of questions.

First of all, I've been busy. You don't create a beauty like the one in the back of my truck without some effort. This project has been a bit of an undercover operation for the last few months. One of the local high-tech-struck-it-rich wet shavers around here wanted a brush like no other. Guys like that go big, and I wasn't going to let him down. This beautiful cocobolo silvertip badger brush is the result.

So that's the answer, what about the questions you ask?
Well, first of all, that looks like quite a load for a '69 Ford pickup. Are you sure it can handle it? It turns out my good ol' F100 comes with factory installed heavy duty springs in back, so the weight was manageable. I just had to tie the load down to be sure it didn't sway too much on the winding trip down the mountain.

Second, where do you get badgers for a brush like that? Most people don't realize that the planet Chiena has supersized resort badgers available for your average 1000 lb., medium firm, 90cm silvertip badger brush. The brush-commissioner ordered the brush for me on his interplanet network and the Space Shuttle (I'm not kidding) picked it up last time they were at the space station --that's why they had such a long mission last trip.

What about the cocobolo tree? They don't come that large! Oh, come on, you know those high tech wizards get whatever they want. He said "make it happen", and the forest complied. Simple.

And finally, how did you get it loaded and unloaded in that very cool truck? I've been spending lots of time with my personal trainer. Fortunately, she is my fiance, so I could afford it. Note though, I am obligated to fix dinner on command until 2020. Works for me. I'd have done that for her anyway!!!

So don't get too jealous of the haves here. I have no idea how to lather this thing up. I'm thinking scuba gear may be required to survive the process. Having that kind of money is more trouble than I would know how to handle. My 28mm works just fine for me!

I hope your April has started as well as mine! ;-)

More very impressive pics tomorrow...

No comments: