Sunday, April 13, 2008

Lather up!

It's been hot here the last couple of days. For us, in Northern California, it's been real hot. We get about 10 hot days a year here. By our standard that means more than 80 degrees. They usually happen in the Spring and Fall, with about 2 days somewhere in July that are 100+ degrees. Every time we get one of those days we suffer. No A/C. No acclimation. No way we would want to live anywhere else!

Today I used a new brush. It's a pretty basic tulip style turning as you can see in the picture. I had it set on firm for soap. It's a very cool brush, and you can expect to hear more about it in the future.

Walnut tulip
My soap is in the Old Spice mug I commented on a few posts ago, with a 3" inside diameter. The brush handle is pretty large at the top at about 38mm. I mention this because I have a customer, Shaun, who noted that a large handle neck can be restrictive in a mug or bowl when lathering. I had never really thought about it, but he is right! This new brush lathers fine, but it's going to get some mileage on the sides of my mug!

Today is changeover day for my blade. I don't know what will come out of the cabinet tomorrow, but it better be sharp!

I finished a bunch more brushes in the last few days. They are at the bottom of the pile (so dig deep) in my flickr brush set, here, if you are interested. Okay, here's another pic of a 25mm spalted maple brush to whet your appetite...


25mm Spalted Maple, medium-firm loft

Good night for now!

No comments: